Wednesday, January 27, 2010

my poor baby.

my grandmom's favorite horror story to tell me was how she once found one of her children in the crib. covered. in. poop. i don't know how true it is, but it is a pretty horrible thought. poop. poop in the bed. on the walls. on the child.


i had samil in cloth diapers and those are a little hard for a baby to unhook. and a few times in disposables, he got it off. lucky me. they were empty. i figured i was safe when he was potty trained before he was even two.

don't get me wrong.
we
do have accidents.

and it started. an accident at the park. a poop accident. put the kids in the car and headed home. it's been so long since an "oops" that i didn't even have a change of clothes. about midnight i hear mamiiiiiii, peeeeee! oh, but it wasn't pee. it was poop. wash him up, put him back to bed. stupid me.

i forgot the underpants.
i was t.i.r.e.d and just wanted to get back to sleep.

kids sleep until 8:30. hm. odd. when they wake up, my neice, who was spending the weekend with us, tells me that samil pooped his bed. i think she means last night.

nope.

my grandmom's favorite story. and i'm so sad she's not around to laugh at me. because there was poop e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. on the mosquito net. on the sheets. on the wall. on samil. on the pillow. on the sock puppet he got for christmas (sorry uncle dan!)

he's been in pull ups since. and he's since missed the toilet every.single.time. i've gotta get to the pharmacy and get a parasite killer since it's been 6 months since his last "deparasitation".

poor kid. poor mom?

No comments: