Monday, March 31, 2008

gifts.

i'm always amazed by my friends with artistic ability.
when i first moved here, i couldn't even draw an apple. seriously. i had to practice tracing somethings, and then copying and then drawing and now i have a fairly basic repertoire of things i can draw quickly and use often in my classes. but by no means am i an artist.
we just received a painting from our friend nestor. he is an artist. and an amazing one at that. he's preparing some paperwork to prove that he's a painter - (it's a little complicated to prove self-employment here, it involves lawyers, bribes, portfolios, bribes, business plans, bribes) so i have some of his pictures on my computer. and for lack of anything really interesting to write about, i thought i'd showcase some of his work for my faithful readers (all 5 of you).







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nestor's paintings are terrific. I can hardly wait to see more upon my arrival.